Sunday, January 28, 2007

Field Trip to the PLANETARIUM



The third graders were studying planets and because I am in a mixed class we all got to go to the planetarium. On our way, I sat next to my best friend Leon. Leon’s mom was driving us for this field trip. We were going to San Mateo College Planetarium. At first I was curious about the planetarium but when we got there it looked very boring, it was all white on the outside and there was nothing to do. We had to wait a long time outside before we got in.

Finally when we got in it looked very cool – it looked like a theater and the theater part was a dome. But everything we did was not cool at all. We were given special glasses which are used by astronomers. These glasses help identify the kind of gas a star is made up of – neon, helium and hydrogen are some of those gases. Then we watched a movie which showed How the Universe began – Did you know that the whole universe was created with a ‘BIG BANG’? Then it talked about all of the galaxies and planets in our Solar System. It also talked about the asteroid belt and the stars. I thought it was really interesting to learn about the stars but everything else I didn’t care much about. I also have a planet puzzle which I never liked.

No comments: