Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Field Trip to Woodside Store


My second field trip from school at Woodside Store was the best! (My first field trip before I started blogging was Redwood Grove Nature preserve). After reading in class we got to go in the school bus to the Woodside Store. My whole class went and I sat next to Leon, my friend.

Once we got there we had to wait long to do the activities, so we ate our snacks. Outside we started playing with toys that children played with when the store was made. When we finally got in we watched a slide show on all the people that came before us. Then we did a treasure hunt where we had to get the right object that was hidden in the store. Then we split up into three groups for three activities - being a shopkeeper from before, cutting wood shingles, and washing clothes like before. We first washed clothes and hanged them to dry. Then we got to be shopkeepers and get all of the things on the customer's list unlike today where the customer has to bring their own stuff. If you wanted a shirt you would have to take length and width and then give it to the shopkeeper - shopkeeper will give it to San Francisco who makes the T-shirt. Then we went into Doctor Trips and dentist office and we got to see some real teeth that were found underneath the store. Then we made shingles outside to make the roof of the house or store by smashing a big piece of wood on to a saw then the saw cuts a shingle off. After that we had to go back to school.

I really liked the store and the activities because it was Kreative just like me!!!!

No comments: